Make a Statement (jewelry).Posted on: June 16, 2015 by Yummo Mummo
One of the most common questions I get as a Wardrobe Stylist and Fashion Blogger is about how to accessorize. People are always curious about rules / no rules / accessorizing OTT or not?
Well firstly, in my YummoMummo book, the number one rule in fashion is YOU HAVE TO FEEL JOY IN WHAT YOU ARE WEARING! So if you love to accessorize, go to town. If you like to keep it a little more understated, stick with minimal and you will still rock it.
For me, the “joy” was in these earrings below….
All pieces are inexpensive at $20 and below. Available at H&M.
TRY THESE PAIRINGS:
- Statement earrings / statement bracelet
- Statement necklace / less statement earrings / statement bracelet
- Statement necklace / statement bracelet
- Statement necklace / less statement bracelet
- Statement necklace / statement earrings – especially if you are trying to get dressed up and have a solid color up top to not compete with all the bling!
AND DON’T FORGET:
- Play with stacking. Stacking necklaces, stacking bracelets for what’s known as an ‘arm party’.
- Play with the latest trends such as front back earrings, ear jackets, neon colors, front/back necklaces.
- Floral necklace with a striped tee is a lot of fun and a great chance to play with mixing patterns.
- When jewelry tarnishes, try spray painting gold or silver paint. I have done this on less expensive pieces and it’s done a treat.
- Don’t hang metals on door handles etc, I use wooden hooks. Also don’t spray perfume on your neck as it will tarnish the metal, spray on clothes or wrist.
YummoMummo can do wardrobe for YOU! If you need a wardrobe audit, outfit inspirations, personal shopping or help finding the perfect outfit, then let’s make you the Yummo to my Mummo. [email protected]
For my daily fashionable Facebook antics www.facebook.com/yummomummo