BREAK UP with your (expired) MAKE UP xPosted on: March 3, 2015 by Yummo Mummo
Chart found on Pinterest
Guilty! Guilty! Guilty! I rarely go through my make up, but more for the fact that I don’t want to accept that some of my favorite products might need to hit the bin. I have only two mascaras open at a time, as their expiry is especially short at 3 months. Next on my mascara wish list is Benefit’s new mascara – Roller Lash which was just released February 27th. Check out Benefit’s Roller Lash at Sephora stores here. I am thrilled to see lipsticks last 2 years, not that they last that long for me before I use them up. Check out the chart below for all expiry dates.
Some more guidelines to keep you’re makeup in tip top shape, which in turn will help you look fabulous!
- Wash your hands before applying.
- Don’t share makeup.
- Do not add water or saliva to dilute makeup.
- Keep cosmetics in a dry area, away from direct heat or sunlight.
If you’re still unsure about a product, here are some warning signs that will tell you if it has expired:
- The product’s smell has changed.
- It has been exposed to prolonged heat.
- There is an obvious colour or textural change.
- Mould is evident. *Warning and guidelines information credit Readers Digest Best Health.
I hope you have enjoyed this very important and informative post on make up expiry dates. Now that Spring is upon us, time to do some spring cleaning. What expiry date surprised you the most?
Leave me a comment below with your choice? I read and respond to ALL comments.