YummoMummo meets GeorgieWear xPosted on: March 24, 2015 by Yummo Mummo
My latest collaboration is with casual wear start-up label, Georgie Wear (www.georgiewear.com). Based in Texas, it was founded by Danielle Hatch & Meikel Reece – lifelong friends and athletes. Georgie Wear was inspired by their desire to bridge the divide between active wear and casual wear. They wanted to create athletic inspired pieces that can take you quickly from your workout to the rest of your day without wasting time or sacrificing style. Now, YummoMummo is by no means athletic or athletically built, but I do have an appreciation for clothes that will take you on the run – stylishly. And if you would like to get your hands on any of Georgie wear items, read below for a discount for YummoMummo readers. You’ll see I have styled the Purple Uptown Dress three different ways for added inspiration.
- Knee Length Sports Dress
- Long Sleeve
- Available in Black or Charcoal with Black Stitching Detail
- 92% Poly, 8% Spandex with Antibacterial and Moisture Wicking Properties
- Machine Wash Cold, Line Dry
- Made in the USA
We began getting back into shape after giving birth and both found ourselves wearing yoga pants or running shorts for much of the day. We loved the fit and the feel of the athletic fabrics but didn’t love the nagging feeling that we looked a little too causal. Georgie began from our desire to take the things we love about activewear (the fit and the fabrics) and create stylish and feminine post workout clothes.
2. What is your best piece of style advice?
It’s essential to feel comfortable in what you’re wearing and to wear what makes you feel good, beyond that it’s anything goes. I love this quote from Simon Doonan, “Conformity is the only real fashion crime. To not dress like yourself and to sublimate your spirit to some kind of group identity is succumbing to fashion fascism”.
3. Tell me three things about yourself my readers might like to know?
- Meikel and I are childhood friends and were co-captains of our high school volleyball team.
- We both studied art in college (Danielle installation art and Meikel photography).
- We are moms to five boys age 6 and under.
4. Who is Georgie wear aimed at?
Our clothes are for lifelong athletes, women who prioritize the functionality of their clothes as much as the style.
YummoMummo readers receive a discount! Enter “YummoMummo” at checkout and receive 20% off.